Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tasty Tuesday #29 Classic French Toast






Although this post is late at night, you can really have this recipe any time. It's best at breakfast but sometimes I would happily eat it all day. Add some bacon (or rashers here in Ireland) and sweet maple syrup and it's heaven. Before I head on to the recipe and what not, I will say that this recipe is for french toast.

I think this recipe makes 2-3 slices of bread, but it ends up being 4-6 portions if you half the bread like I do. I had to make another batch of mixture when I made my sister some, but you could change up the measurements depending on how many people you are making this for, or just how many slices you want.

Ingredients:


  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon of milk 
  • Bread, preferably 2-3 day bread or older (but no mould!)
  • Knob of butter











Method:

1. In a small bowl, crack the two eggs. Be careful to not get any shell. Nobody wants to eat that.
2. Add a tablespoon of milk.


3. Mix together with a whisk or fork until combined.
4. Heat up your frying pan and add the butter, covering the whole surface of the pan.
5. Cut the bread into slices and dip each slice into the egg mixture lightly on both sides
6. Carefully add it to hot frying pan and continue dipping and adding slices until the pan is full.


7. Remember to turn over the bread to allow the other side to cook. The bread will flip easily when you come to the flipping process.
8. Once both sides are cooked, put on a plate and enjoy.



I hope you enjoy this recipe if you decide to try it out. I think it is great for students or just a bit of a luxury breakfast!

Ta-ta for now, Nee x


No comments:

Post a Comment