Thursday 23 April 2015

The Coding Basics - HTML: Part 1


Today's post is a new segment that I am starting on my blog. It is called 'The Coding Basics'. It is about the basics of coding, including the coding languages: HTML and CSS (maybe a bit more). Coding is something which I have only really got into recently yet I find it is good to learn at least a small bit, especially if you run a blog. 

So let's get started!

We are going to begin by learning HTML.

1. Before starting to code, you need to have Notepad or Notepad ++ installed on your computer. This will be the place where you start your coding.

2. Once you have downloaded and opened one of the Notepads, create a new page (the blank white page on the toolbar). Add the text in the photo below to your page and change the title to suit your website (change 'The Coding Basics' to a title of your choice).


Website Live | Code for Website
3. Next save your code and change the document name (maybe to the title of your webpage). You will also have to change the format from .txt to .html (also known as HyperText Markup Language).



4. After you have saved, you can run the code in your preferred web browser (I use Google Chrome). The run button to visual on the toolbar and allows you to launch your code in most browsers.

5. Now you will see the beginnings of your website!

I hoped you enjoyed the Part 1 of The Coding Basics - HTML, part of my new series. I will be continuing this lesson next Thursday and I hope you enjoy it. 

Ta-ta for now, Nee x







No comments:

Post a Comment