Tuesday 21 April 2015

Tasty Tuesday #19 The Basics of Cooking Chicken and Junior Spiders Award Ceremony


Hello! Today's recipe is back to basics with chicken. Sometimes, you need a bit of protein and chicken is a great way of having it (not if you are vegetarian or vegan). 



Raw
Ingredients:

Chicken (1-2 fillets per person)
A drizzle of oil
Sauce (Optional)

Frying Pan
Wooden Spoon
Cutting Board
Knife or Food Scissors




Method:
  1. Start off by taking your chicken out of its packet and onto the cutting board, after you have washed your hands.
  2. Use a knife or food scissors to cut up the chicken into smaller bite size picks.
  3. After washing your hands (to avoid cross contamination), I add a drizzle of oil into the frying pan. I turned the heat onto a medium flame and allowed the oil to heat up a small bit. Careful with the oil.
  4. Next I put the chicken into the frying pan and began frying it. 
  5. I allowed the chicken to cook on all sides. It will turn from pink to white. You also have to make sure that the chicken is cooked inside by checking the colour inside.. I like to cut thicker pieces to begin with and I cut them with the spoon when it is frying. This allows me to see how the cooking process is going.
  6. When the chicken is cooked, it also feel less sponge-y or juicy then it was at the start.
  7. You can eat the chicken once it has cooked.
Partly cooked

Optional: I like to heat up a bit of sauce, ie. curry or pasta sauce, and add the chicken to it. This just makes it tastier.










Also update on Eircom Junior Spiders. I attended the award ceremony up in Dublin's Facebook Headquarters yesterday. I had a great time there. They had activities like a photo booth, tight rope walking and this fun competition where you had to get flying pieces of paper. Each piece of paper had a number on it and when added up gives you your score. I was winning for a while, but I was sadly beaten by a few more later. 

I did not end up winning again awards but I had a blast. I am very happy for those who won after all they deserved it. I would like to thank Facebook and Eircom to allow this competition to take place. It is great that there are facilities like these for people who enjoy using technology and coding as a whole. It has actually inspired me to do some more with this blog. I will be starting up a new series called "The Coding Basics" which will be on Thursdays. It will allow you, my audience, to gain free knowledge on coding. 

Also what do you think of my new background? I drew it and scanned it onto the computer before quickly editing on Paint (of all programs). 


                   


Ta-ta for now, Nee x




No comments:

Post a Comment