Tuesday 12 August 2014

Tasty Tuesday #5 Change Of Scenery

Today I'm somewhere totally different to the norm, in fact it's pretty much a change of scenery. We spontaneously decided to book a hotel up north and stay for a few nights. I've never been up this area before, and I just really wanted to. I mean it's cheaper than flying to England or America or something. We might head to the Titanic Experience and hopefully go shopping, my favourite. Anyway we had a meal at the hotel, a three course and I am so stuffed even still. 

For an appetiser, we had different bread rolls such as tomato, sesame, plain with olives and butter to spread on it. It was quite nice especially when I saved one or two for my starter.
For my starter, I had turnip and honey soup which was lovely. The honey added a slight sweetness but it was still delicious. 
Main course was a chicken for me. It came with baby carrots and a small potato gratin which were nice compliments. Again it was delicious but by then I was getting quite full. We also got some vegetables between us which included cauliflower cheese, green beans and potatoes. I ended up only having a small amount of these as I got full. 
I also ordered a Club Lemon, which as you know by now one of my favourite drinks. 
Now here would have been a picture of my dessert but realised by the end that I forgot to take a photo. It was far too yummy! Even though I was full, I had a strawberry panna collata (?) with strawberries and a strawberry cream, I think, with a shortbread cookie. It was quite yummy but I ate it slow enough for my tummy. I also got a pot of peppermint tea which is great for digestion I heard. I definitely needed it and totally thank myself for getting it, as its helping with my stuffed-ness and digestion, of course. I actually took a photo of this so here it is. 
Well that's all from me and I should talk to you on Thursday and give you an update on the things we did. Ta-ta for now, Nee x


No comments:

Post a Comment